The Bachelors of Science in Management Information Systems is designed in Girne American University to teach students on how to design, create and review variety of latest and advanced computer technology frameworks. With the usage of latest tools, student will be able to analyze and asses the principle models used in system design and also learn to solve complicated computing issues in Girne American University. It also covers the administration and support of networks and databases in a business context.
Qualified IT professionals perform essential functions within businesses, from ensuring staff have functioning computers, to building and maintaining complex software systems, networks or apps.
- Assessing technological trends and their impact on organizations.
- Understanding how to evaluate and implement cybersecurity systems.
- Building efficient and accessible computer systems for a variety of purposes.
- Managing information technology and computing change in business.
- Designing, developing and reviewing a range of sophisticated IT frameworks.
Established in 1985 GIRNE American University (GAU) was the first University of Cyprus, started out small with seven students has grown into a diversified university, with over 18,000 diverse multicultural students from 100+ different countries studying as of date. It is Ranked #1 in Kyrenia, #8th in Cyprus & Features in the Top 26% Universities Globally.
The accreditation and the international membership that GIRNE offers is one of its Outstanding features. GIRNE American University is accredited & validated by The Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council of North Cyprus – YODAK along with The Council of Higher Education of Turkey – YOK, Listed on WHED, one of the elite institutions in the world to be a full-fledged member of the IAU & UNESCO Listed and WES Approved. The University is recognized in the United Kingdom by the National Recognition Information Centre – UK NARIC.
The List of Accrediting bodies also includes International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education – IACBE, European Council for Business Education – ECBE, The United Nations World Tourism Organization and earned the Ted Qual – UNWTO, Accreditation Agency for Degree Programs in Engineering, Informatics, the Natural Sciences and Mathematics – ASIIN. The European Association for Quality Language Services – EAQUALS.
With 30+ Specializations and International Recognition & Presence it promises WES Canada / USA equivalent Qualifications and Globally Relevant Qualifications with emphasis on Continuous Professional Development. It also offers access to their Strong Alumni & Business Community Worldwide.
This program is designed to be delivered over 20 – 24 months on full time study mode, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part time and distance learning education mode from Girne American University. The qualification is delivered face-to-face through lectures, tutorials, seminars, presentations by approved study centers only.
- Assessors will support the students throughout the course of Management Information Systems in BSC.
- A formative assessment and feedback that will be provided to improve the learners’ achievements as per being part of Girne American University.
- Course materials will also include lecture notes, practical applications with examples and case studies and presentations where the students can apply their knowledge and show their skills as well.
- We also provide books for references and other study materials.
Supervision is available for all the modules.
- Customized student portal access to every registered student which features 600+ hours of E-learning on their chosen area of specialization or electives through the online learning platform which has multiplatform accessibility, it delivers the any of the course straight to the student’s smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop through which will be enable for them to study at their own convenience.
All units within this qualification of BSc in Managing Information Systems are internally assessed by the center and externally verified. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’, ‘merit’ and ‘distinction’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor. The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
- Web Development
- Professional Development
- Computer Technology
- Website Design
- Database Design
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems in Organizations
- Data Communications
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Quality Systems in IT
- Database Implementation
- Dynamic Website Development
- Management in IT
- Current Trends in Networking
- Computer Systems Security
- e-Commerce Systems
- Computing Project
- IT Engineer
- Associate Engineer
- Systems Manager/Engineer
- Database Manager
- Database Security Professional
- Software Developer
High School or Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies, Higher National Diploma (240 Credits) or 5 years of supervisory/executive level work experience. For Final Year Lateral Entry & Exemptions based on APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning), please contact the Admissions Team on firstname.lastname@example.org for a free assessment of your profile and eligibility check.
- Flexible & accelerated delivery approach.
- Blended and hybrid learning mode aided with workshops, seminars and conference.
- Maverick access points (MAP) delivery center, support services.
Multiple intakes on blended learning mode.